General Instructions, Stack Retrieval Procedures
To support the community efforts to curb the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Fisher Library will be closed indefinitely beginning Monday March 16. As a result, there will be no stack retrieval until further notice. Thank you for your understanding.
The schedule for daily retrieval (Monday-Friday only) is:
- requests received by 9:30am will be available for use at 10:30am that day
- requests received by 11:30am will be available for use at 12:30pm that day
- requests received by 2:00pm will be available for use at 3:00pm that day
- requests received by 4:00pm will be available for use at 9:00am the next working day. (*On Thursdays during the Fisher's extended hours, requests received by 4:00pm will be available at 5:00pm.)
- requests submitted after 4:00pm will not be available until 10:30am the next working day. (Requests received after 4:00pm on Friday won't be available until 10:30am on Monday. Please note our hours.)
Please submit the Reading Room Loan Request Form below and the material will be retrieved for you. A separate form is required for each call number. Please indicate the number of volumes or the box numbers for manuscript material requested in the section labelled: Vol/Box.
Call number, author (when known), and title are required fields. This information is located in the UTL catalogue at http://search.library.utoronto.ca. Also indicate the date and time when you will be picking up material in our Reading Room. The material will only be kept on hold for you in Fisher for 24 hours after your requested pickup time. The Fisher collection is non-circulating and available for in-library use only. Our hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:45pm, except on Thursdays during the academic year when the reading room is open until 7:45pm. Our hours can be viewed here.
Requests for retrieval can also be done through the catalogue - click here for instructions on requesting material via a catalogue record.
If you are not currently a registered reader please check in at the Reference Desk upon arrival, to complete the registration process. A Fisher reader's card must be completed and identification with name and current address (e.g. driver's licence, hospital card, etc.) is required.
**Please note that personal effects including notebooks, binders, laptops and other digital devices will be inspected as readers exit the Library.**